Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jump time

After a hectic trip to the west coast chasing snow I made a 10 hour stop at home and repacked my bags and headed to Idaho in search of more snow. AJ de Saint Phalle, Ian Cosco, Kyler Cooley, and I arrived to the trailhead mid-storm to find over a foot of snow. The snow didn't subside until the following evening, leaving us bottomless landings and incredibly fun snowmobiling.


We spent the next couple of days skiing powder and finding natural take-offs, waiting for blue skies. Once visibility improved, the four of us picked up our shovels and began shaping lips.
After all was said and done, we managed to hit our share of jumps, spending the majority of our digging hours on a gap (we named it the McCall Jump) that would have made Ostness proud. I hope the pictures do it justice, and I'll keep anyone who reads this updated on my whereabouts in the coming weeks.

Best chairlift ever!


No comments: